Facebook recently introduced the local verification badge to show support to small businesses.
You have to complete it a verification process to get your badge. Once done, it’ll appear next to your name on your page and in search results.
You need to meet the following requirements to be sure that Facebook will review your request:
- Your page must be a local business, organization, public figure or company to get verified
- You need to specify your physical location
- You need to be a page admin
- You need to make sure your page is filled and looks credible. Add a profile pictures and a cover photo, your website, contact information as well an about section.
- Click Settings at the top of your Page
- From General, click Page Verification
- Click Verify this Page, then click Get Started
- Enter a publicly listed phone number for your business, your country and language
- Click Call Me Now to allow Facebook to call you with a verification code
- Enter the 4-digit verification code and click Continue