Follow these steps to complete your onboarding process and make the most out of your UENI account.
Step 1 - Let's chat
One of our onboarding representatives will contact you within 24 hours after the sale is complete.
Please make sure you are available for this call to provide the onboarding team with all the necessary information to build a customized and optimized webpage for your business. This information is also vital for your ad campaign in case you have selected one of our premium packages.
If we are not able to reach you within one week, we will build your webpage and listings from the information recorded in our system. This information can be edited at any stage of the process, but to make sure you are satisfied when it goes live, please contact us as soon as you see we have tried to call you.
During the call we will ask you the following:
- Business information: name, address, contact information and areas covered to allow potential customers to find your website easily on Google and Google Maps.
- Business description: your story, what you specialise in, what distinguishes you from the competition and who your typical customer is, to make your business stand out.
- Services: list of services, price list, amenities and attributes to help with the search online when people are looking for a service in your area. If you work on a quota basis, it's always good to give us at least an estimate for one service.
Additional info such as languages spoken, photos or social media accounts will also help us create a more specific, content-rich website to attract potential customers.
Step 1 - We build your page
Next, we will build your webpage and the different listings for your business (Facebook Business page, Google My Business, Bing).
Once created, we will send you an onboarding email with a link to your webpage and listings. This will give you a chance to review the pages and give us any feedback before we publish them.
Step 3 - Get verified
You will need to make sure your Facebook and Google My Business pages are verified and public. This is an important step as your Facebook page helps represent your business to other social users and your Google page displays useful information for potential customers to find you more easily.
This two-step procedure will be detailed in the onboarding email:
- Facebook Business page: if we have created one for you, claim your page or give us admin if you had one before signing with UENI. To claim your page, click on the link in the onboarding email and follow the steps.
- Google My Business page: if we have created one for you, you will need to verify it to appear on Google Maps. For many businesses, UENI is able to verify your business within one day. However, in some cases, we will require your help to obtain a verification code from Google. The verification code can be sent to you either via text, phone call, or most commonly, postcard. We will call you to let you know which method is being used to obtain the verification code. If it is postcard, it will be sent to you 3-5 working days after the creation of your pages. Make sure you look out for it and send us the code via firstname.lastname@example.org or via our Help Desk.
Step 4 - Tell us what you think
One of our onboarding team representatives will contact to you to discuss any feedback you might have. You can also request to add or edit any information.
Step 5 - Your page goes live
Once we have added/edited the information per your request, or 72 hours after sending the onboarding email asking for your feedback if we could not reach you, your webpage will go live. We will send you another email once it goes live.
To make sure your business appears on Google Maps and that your Facebook Business page is public, read over the onboarding email carefully and follow all the steps.
In addition, remember to send us the Google My Business verification code once you receive it. If not, this will delay the publication and verification process (and your listing on the map!)
Step 6 - Keep your info updated
Don’t forget to regularly update your Google My Business and Facebook pages to display the correct business information. To help you do that, read How to make the most of your GMB page and How to make the most of your Facebook Business Page.
Step 7 - Let's keep in touch
Social media tools such as Twitter and Instagram are great ways to improve your online presence. If your business already uses them, make sure to share your accounts with us during the onboarding process.
Also don't forget to follow us on Twitter or share about your experience using the hashtag #ueniltd.