When you sign up with UENI, we will automatically create a Google My Business (GMB) page for your business.
Google My Business is a tool that helps you manage your online presence across Google, including Search and Maps. It allows your customers to find you easily, and bring more visibility and traffic to your business. When signing up with UENI, we will automatically create a GMB page for you, saving you some precious time to focus on your business.
You need to get your GMB page verified by Google before you can start using it. Once verified, your GMS listing allows to promote your business through different channels.
Follow these steps to make the most out of your GMB page.
1. Keep your business information up to date
Update your business information with Google My Business as soon as it changes. Keeping your account up-to-date makes sure that Google has the most accurate information to share with potential customers.
Here are the types of information that you can update with Google My Business:
- Business hours
- Physical address - If you change your address, you will need to complete the verification process again to confirm the new address.
- Phone number
- Category - Specify your type of business for Google to index you correctly
- Photos - Businesses with photos receive 42% more requests for driving directions to their location from users on Google, and 35% more clicks through to their websites than businesses that don't have photos.
- UENI adds pictures to your business listing, but you post photos of products and events to keep customers in the know and show them what you do best
- To learn how to add photos to your listing follow these instructions:
2. Reply to customer reviews
Your business listing allows customers to post reviews of your business. Online reviews are a great way to take valuable word-of-mouth marketing to the web, and can help new people find you online.
When you respond to these reviews, you show existing and potential customers that you value their business.
To learn how to reply to reviews follow these instructions:
3. Create a post on Google
People often look at multiple businesses before choosing one. To differentiate you from others, you can use Google My Business to post about upcoming events, daily specials, products and offers directly. You post will appear instantly on your listing in Search and Maps when customers find you.
To learn how to create a post on desktop or mobile, follow these instructions:
Once you’ve published a post, it will appear to customers on Google Search and Maps in a few moments. To ensure that posts are timely, they're removed from the default view after 7 days (or when the event date the post referenced has passed). However, a historical view of posts is shown under the "Posts" tab on mobile.
To know how to edit or delete a post click here.
4. Get insider knowledge
Google My Business allows you to learn more about your customer actions. How do your customers find you? Where are they coming from? How do they interact with your business.
You'll receive a monthly analytical report that will allow to find this information and optimise your listing. Learn more about the Google analytical report.